As the threat of Coronavirus continues to increase, it’s important for us to provide assurance about the measures we are taking to protect our team, our customers, our suppliers and the community.
Health, safety and hygiene has always been at the forefront of what we do. During these times, we are doing even more to up these standards. These measures include:
- More frequent sanitisation (with a food-safe grade sanitiser) of all surfaces
- Staff washing hands more frequently than usual (this is in addition to our standard practice of wearing gloves when handling food)
- Removing use of communal cutlery. We are in the process of changing all communal cutlery to individually packaged cutlery and straws
- Increased training to inform our team of the potential risks around stringent new hygiene practices
- Frequent health and safety spot checks by our managers throughout the day, everyday
- If any of our team are feeling unwell or showing any signs of illness, we have reinforced that they must remain at home
- Anyone of our team who returns from any of the high risk travel areas, are required to self-isolate for 2 weeks before they return to work
We are also working closely with our corporate catering customers to ensure they are also looked after during these times. Some of the initiatives we’re introducing are:
- As we appreciate some gatherings will be cancelled for reasons outside of your control, there will be no cancellation fees for any orders cancelled by 5pm the day before
- Disposable tongs will be added to all sharing platter orders, at no extra charge
- Increased individually packed product options will be available if sharing platters are not preferred
With this situation evolving everyday, we will closely monitor advice from government and the health authorities. We will continue to provide you with updates and remain 100% transparent throughout these times.
On behalf of the whole team, thank you for your continued loyalty and choosing us as your destination for real food and coffee.
We welcome any feedback – feel free to email me any feedback directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric, Founder – Real Peas